Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Giggle Bites


The boyfriend (also known as Mark), reads this comic a lot. And today sent the above over to me.

It's mildly embarrassing but totally true- I have no idea how big a GB is. When I finally got a MP3 player last year, I thought "Well I like music, and I own lots of music, I should get a big one." So I got a 30GB one and put all my music on it, I have since realized that my MP3 player has a hard drive almost a big a my laptop and is only half as full. I don't use my MP3 player to store photos or video or any of that nonsense on- hell, I'm surprised I can use that thing at all.

Technology is confusing and the further I get immersed in it (and learn about it/write about it) the more that I feel it's treated like a secret little geek club. They could explain it to us in terms that soccer moms would get (like 10,000 cat pictures= 1GB) but they don't want to. They want to carry on feeling smarter than us, and making us buy MP3 players with hard drives as big as our computers.

Eh, I don't blame 'em really. I like feeling smarter than people too.

No comments: