Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Doggie Howser + Animal= Great Music

Even though they kind of seemed like they didn’t want to be there, Two Gallants put on what was perhaps the best show I’ve seen this year*

I have been listening to their new CD and EP kind of non-stop lately and unlike some of bands, they are actually just as good live as recorded, at times even better (like when they played three songs into each other with obviously rehearsed yet improvised feeling transition mini-songs).

I probably would have enjoyed the show a lot less if I would have been on the floor closer to the stage where not only would I have to be much closer to people than I prefer, but would have had to endure a mosh pit (Really? People still do that?)

From my seat directly behind the soundboard, I couldn’t help but shake the feeling that drummer Tyson Vogel looked exactly like what Animal would like if he was a person, and Adam Stephens looked like a scruffier much cooler version of Neil Patrick Harris (See Photographic evidence below). And according to this interview, Vogel most likely is modeling himself after Animal, but I doubt Stephens wants to be compared to Doggie Howser, MD.

Regardless, it was a good show, despite the fact that it made me slightly more depressed than I was going in, and they seemed kind of like they were just fulfilling their obligation to ROCK (and were possibility as depressed as me).


Animal and Tyson Vogel

Neil Patrick Harris and Adam Stephens

*Disclaimer: I have been to about three shows this year, but that makes Two Gallants no less brilliant.

No comments: